Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Time to slow down? Just a little maybe.

I cannot remember a time when I have been so busy.  Okay, I tell a lie.  There were times during my time in Seoul when I was crazy busy, but lately it has been nuts.  Ever since I met T in fact.  

Don't get me wrong, I adore being busy, I go a bit nuts sat at home, alone, twiddling my thumbs, but I think I need to make a little extra me time here and there.  Just the odd day in between seeing friends and seeing T, for me to catch my breath (and help me not be a zombie at work).  

Reading this you probably think I am up late partying every night, ha, I couldn't do that if I tried!  I am just a lot busier than I am accustomed to and it's knackering me out a little.  I just need that extra evening to catch up with writing letters, looking for decent jobs and reading (to mention but a few things).

All of the above said, I am the happiest I have been in a long time and I don't want to seem ungrateful for this.  I don't like to rely on someone/something else for my happiness, but I can't deny that a certain someone has had a positive impact on my life.  I still get restless moments, but it's not the constant urge to be elsewhere that I once had.  I've let a few things slip, my correspondence skills of late have been shocking and I'm spending a bit too much money, but on the whole I am so thankful to have met T and to be enjoying the summer with him.

He goes away on Sunday, a "business" trip to Florida....  I'll miss him, but I can't deny that I am also super excited to go to London and spend a weekend with my girls next week!  We are going to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, I'll post a video so you can have a listen if you have not heard of them.  I love any band that let's me say "hey!" or whistle.



The rest of this week and weekend will be taken up with dinner with a local friend, and then a cinema trip and day with T before he leaves for the U S of A.

Do you have much planned this weekend?  It's not too far away now thankfully, just two working days and then sweet freedom....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment